'Tis The Season for Books Under the Tree | Top Ten Tuesday

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Christmas is coming up and for the first time in forever my gift is not books (although my family might just surprise me with the gift of either money or gift cards), but that doesn't mean I'm not lusting after way too many books. Because let's get real, I'm always lusting after books. So, of course I wouldn't mind to find any of these under the Christmas tree this year (in theory I wouldn't mind finding my whole TBR list under the Christmas tree, but I'm trying to come off as a good person and not a book greed filled individual).

1. Lang Leav's books

   

Poetry is a love of mine. Well, the trendy internet poetry because scholary poetry bores me to no end. So, it's no surprise I wouldn't mind finding Lang Leav's books under my Christmas tree. That and the fact that poetry books are kind of really expensive. Get your life together, poetry publishing industry!

2. End of Days by Susan Ee


End of Days is the conclusion to the Angelfall series and I just know that it will be a while before I get this book for myself because I'm a procrastinator that way. So, if someone could just get it for me that would be really neat. I'm willing to do absolutely nothing but exist and look touched as I open the wrapping.

3. Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin


I read Wolf by Wolf this year and I absolutely loved it. I even filmed a review in which I gush about it. Like, seriously gush about it and I'm dying to read the sequel because it promises to be amazing and fantastical (not in the adjective sense, but in the full of fantasy one). Also, alternate history and its ramifications fascinate me. So, please Santa, if you're out there listen to my pleas.

4. A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir


This is another sequel I've yet to buy. Why? Because I suck at buying sequels. I think to myself, oh what's the rush I'll buy it later once the next book is closer. What ends up happening is that once I buy them I can't remember what happened in the first book and I have to look it up on the Internet and feel bad about it.

5. Last Night I Sang to the Monster by Benjamin Alire Saenz


I'm on a mission to read every word of the official Word Wizard Benjamin Alire Saenz.* Of course, whoever is feeling generous can be awarded with awesome Sidekick benefits aka watching me read and be awed at my abilities. It is a coveted spot, so while you fight for this honor I'll be enjoying some hot chocolate. Try not to leave blood in the carpet. Thanks.  

*I mean how cool can a title be? Last Night I Sang to the Monster sounds so dark and promising and fancy. I can totally tell he was a teacher.

6. A Gathering of Shadows by V. E. Schwab


Are you guys sensing a theme here? Another sequel! Well, I want it. Becuase Character Builder Extraordinaire Victoria Scwab writes such great stories and I suck at getting sequels. Also, there's the whole issue of awesome fashion and dark magic and dimensional travel. So, I need this and whoever gets it for me can enjoy the joy of seeing me squeal like the actual seven year old I am.

7. Books 2 and 3 in the Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson

 

I suck at buying sequels. That is the theme of this list. Okay, but I have some totally and completely valid reason for this and it all comes down to the fact that the US covers are ugly. I lust after the UK versions, but every single time I'm about to buy them I don't. It's weird. I go, but but... I'm a mess. So, yeah, Santa should work its around the world in a night thing and stop by the UK to get me the pretty covers.

8. Gemina by Amy Kauffman and Jay Kristoff


Enough said. I will go crawl somewhere in shame now. 

9. The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman


Finally, a book that is not a sequel! I've been wanting to read this book for a while. I don't even know what it's about other than a couple losing a baby and then rescuing another baby from the sea. The cover, however, is incredibly beautiful. So, naturally I, as the Mistress of Shiny Things and Pretty Covers, want it desperately.

10. Kids of Appetite by David Arnold


I read Mosquitoland this year and really enjoyed it, so I'm intrigued about this book. Just because of the author, because I don't have the faintest idea of what in the seven hells this book is about. However, I'm cool with that because I'm a loyal reader and Mr. Arnold proved himself worthy of my loyalty with Mosquitoland. Should he prove not worthy, we'll do with his head but in the meanwhile I wish someone would leave this book under my tree.

What books do you wish to find under your tree this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment