NaNoWriMo 2016 Week 1

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

This November I decided to embark in the absolutely insane task of writing 50,000 words in a month. Yes, a month. I am not alone, though. Oh no, sir, thousands around the world (I just wrote word instead of world, this is evidence that I cannot think of anything but words) decide to embark on this insanity every year.

What are you writing?, you ask. I am trying to write a fantasy-ish (there's no dragons or anything like that yet) tale of two friends from opposing kingdoms. One is kidnapped the other is enlisted to spy. It's great fun all around.

Since you clearly care so much about this little endeavor of mine (and my sanity) I decided to update you on the first six days of the insanity.

Day 1

On day 1, I did not write at home and as such it was a wildly productive day. I have noticed the key to productivity is to leave my house and yet, I refuse to do just that.

Day 1 total word count: 2,679

Day 2

On day 2 of NaNo I was holding up quite alright. I had a huge gap in between classes and this proved to be quite productive writing wise. Now, don't ask about my reading because that has suffered this year any way you see it. 

Words written: 2,001
Total word count: 4,680

Day 3

Day 3 wasn't that conductive to writing. I did not have class until 6pm and was left to procrastinate (which I did, of course I did). I also went out to be social and have food with my friends, which while fun didn't exactly afford me much time to write. 

Words written: 1,667
Total word count: 6,357

Day 4

Day 4 of NaNo brought with it a busy day. I decided to volunteer as an interpreter at this training thing the school had going on and it was rockin', but it was also supremely long. Four hours of good writing time were spent outside of my home. So, writing did happen, it just wasn't much (or very good for that matter).

Words written: 468
Total word count: 6,825

Day 5

Day 5 was Saturday, and while it was productive writing wise, it was also very productive in the ways of procrastination. It felt like I wrote much of nothing because of all the drama episodes I watched (I have issues with my self-control, okay?). 

Words written: 2,038
Total word count:  8,863

Day 6

Day 6 of NaNo was okay, although my motivation was nowhere to be found. The fact that I wrote at all is a testament of how many people I've told I would be doing NaNo this month, and if I were to fall behind I would have to explain to them all why I failed. Doing this every year gives me bragging rights, year round.

Words written: 1,222
Total word count: 10,085

Video vlog




2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've hit the ground running with NaNo! It's awesome that you've gotten so much done! And even on that one day where you only got ~500 words...that was still awesome! Especially since you were volunteering ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was doing great, but then it just went downhill real fast. You win some, you lose some.

      Delete