Monthly Wrap Up | February 2017

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Hello, guys and welcome to a Monthly Wrap Up post thing situation. So, February ended already and it's all super sad because the world was both dumpster fire and pretty awesome. Today, I'm going to talk about the books and stuff on the blog, but also a bit of my personal life because clearly y'all are super invested in me.*

*even if you're not pls bear with me


Books read

I managed to read the great total of 4 books this month, which is a victory in and on itself.

   

A Little Life: utterly destroyed me. Left me crying like a puddle in the floor. It was not pretty. Me, crying I mean because the book was super pretty. And sad. I don't know, I loved it and if you're looking for your soul's ultimate crushing you should def pick it up.

Done Dirt Cheap: Review can be found here. But if you can't be bothered, just know that it's  very #slaymequeens book.

The Museum of Heartbreak: Super easy read. Light and fun contemporary with deep bits here and there. Just an ode to dinosaurs tbh. Fun if you're looking for a nice and easy read.

North of Beutiful: Still as (if not more) as beautiful and inspiring as it was when I first read it back when I was a smol young thing of 13. I cried, I laughed, I smiled, I raged and I fell in love all over again. I will never be able to convey how much I freaking love this book.

On the blog

I wasn't very active this February. Sue me*. But what little I did post, is here.

Reviews:

Features & other shenanigans


*please don't. I'm a broke college student.


In the life

So, I have a life outside the Internet* and today I'm going to talk a bit about February. So, the major life changing thing is I got a job as a tutor, though I haven't started yet because well, that international student life is tough. But I'm super excited to start.

I also had exams and quizzes and homework. I've been learning about phonology and forgetting how to spell. #datlingusiticslife. So, school has been kind of challenging and I'm drowning in translations and corrections and all of those fun translator things.

In the personal realm, well, I'm still as single as ever, but I'm cool with it now. A friend is getting married in April and I feel like an impostor adult who has actual adult friends. Like why are my friends getting married already? Can you please stop, I haven't even had my first kiss yet** and yet I have friends that are getting married. Like what?

Also my keyboard keeps refusing to work properly and typing the letter a is proving super hard. Get your stuff, together dammit.

Oh, and I'm currently obsessed with Strong Woman Do Bong Soon and Shy Boss or Sensitive Boss or whatever. Why do k-dramas sometimes have like ten titles? Oh, and my obsession with 2 Days & 1 Night continues, but how can it not when it's so funny every single time? As for music, I'm currently jamming out to Despacito by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee*** and Sympathy by Jung Joon Young and Believer by Imagine Dragons.

*shocking, I know.
**I mean, a little consideration for those of us with no experience whatsoever would be nice.
***yes, this song is trash. I'm trash. It's just so nice for when you're showering or cooking or cleaning and need a bit of dancing. Stop judging me. I can feel you.

That's all on my end. How about your February?

No comments:

Post a Comment