New and Shiny Books from New and Shiny Authors | Top Ten Tuesday

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

2017 is here, folks. No getting around it, and hopefully it will be better than 2016 was (not like it's hard, but hey you never know). Something that makes my year better is books. So, today we're going to be talking about 2017 debuts I'm excited for, because you and I clearly need more books added to our TBR (it's not like they're slowly threatening to kill us with both their actual weight and the nudges at our impending mortality).

1. The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich


I talked about this book in a previous Top Ten Tuesday, but hey I'm so excited about this book that I figured I would mention it again. This book is about two spies, one Nice Guy™ and the other Bad Boy™, as they try to seduce a girl. However, they might just end up falling in love with each other. Like, sign me up for gay spies making light fun of YA tropes. I'm here for all of it.

2. When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon


This book is a contemporary read about arranged marriage. I will confess to being fascinated by arranged marriages. As a kid I swore I was secretly a princess (even then I was convinced of my grandeur) and that one day my  real royal parents would sweep in and marry me off to a prince, Now this book isn't about princesses (but I am slowly training you to think of me as one), but rather about two Indian-American kids. So, it causes double the excitement because it's a diverse book by an author of color!

3. How to Break a Boy by Laurie Devore


This is one of those cases in which a cover called out to my heart and then my heart went hmm... I see you, but I'm not sure. Then I read the synopsis and I went like this


 Because this gorgeous glorious book has one of my favorite most-overdone tropes ever  (I have plenty of favorite tropes when it comes contemporary but this one just speaks to my heart) of fake dating and I was sold. I don't care what you think, I will always show up for the fake dating ploy because it warms my heart in ways I can't even begin to describe.

4. Iron Cast by Destiny Soria


This is another diverse debut I'm looking forward to in 2017, but if that isn't enough for you well let me break it down another way*.  It's about bad-ass ladies in 1919 conning the elites while using their magical powers. I don't know about you, but I want in on that action.

*extra House points if you got that kpop reference

5. Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza


This book is set in space. It also has the word Empress on it. I need no more convincing.

This concludes my most expected debuts of 2017. What are some of yours? Now, please publishing industry:



2 comments:

  1. ;) Love your list. THere's a couple of these on my Upcoming TBR which I'm excited for too!

    P.S. Love your bookstagrams ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just too many good books out there.

      Thank you! I've tried recently to give it a more cohesive look.

      Delete