10 Kpop Songs for My Faves | Top Ten Tuesday

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish, in which every Tuesday we list ten things (or more, or less) about that week's topic. This week's topic is all things audio, which is why I decided to mix two of my greatest loves: books and kpop. You can thank me later.


1. Just Right by GOT7

This song is perfect for Terra Cooper of North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley. It's all about how you're perfect just the way you are. I mean the song has lines that would translate to:
That she's pretty and perfect as she is now.
 Also, the video is super funky and I think the artist inside Terra would appreciate the visual aspect of it all.



2. Monster by EXO

Khalid from The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh is the perfect fit for this song. I mean, everyone pretty much called him monster. The song has this whole falling in love with this girl and creeping into her heart,. Isn't that pretty much the plot to the first book?




3. Me Gustas Tu by GFRIEND

This song is disgustingly sweet, much like Lara Jean. Note that I men this as a compliment of the highest kind. This song is perfect for To All The Boys I've Loved Before with its sweet and innocent lyrics and melody. Also the  video's aesthetic is Lara Jean af.



4. Beautiful Liar by LR

This song is so emo it can only be for my one and only Kaz Brekker. Bro, this song is basically about letting go of a person because you feel like you're not good enough and hiding underneath a mask for the sake of perpetuating that lie. If that doesn't spell Kaz Brekker, I don't know what does.



5. Promise (I'll Be) by 2PM

This song makes me think of Rhys. It's a sexy song all about being the man your woman wants you to be and about doing sexy things (and Lord knows Rhys is all about that life). It's about being there for your girl, basically, and we all know Rhys would go to the ends of the Earth and back if Feyre asked him to, but won't unless she does. I was super torn between this and My House, also by 2PM, but this one won.



6. Bad by Infinite

Now this song gives me serious Cassian/Nesta vibes. Why? Because it's about a man betting on this girl (I'm guessing his love, or whatever) that he knows might be bad for him. That he just knows might hurt him in all the ways that matter, but is willing to take the chance and risk it. It's also just a great song, so I had to have it in here.



7. BOOMBAYAH by Blackpink

This song is perfect for an Emergency Dance Party. It's so perfect for it, I'm sure Cath has it in her playlist along with the Kanye, just so she can whip out and scream Boombayah! at the top of her lungs and then try (and fail) to rap the rap parts. I can bet anything Levi screams the 'Brrr RAMBO' at the top of his lungs. I am fully convinced of this.



8. Breathe by Lee Hi

This song reminds me of This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen. This book is all about how it's okay to stray from the path you thought was perfect. It's about learning that not being perfect is okay and that sometimes you just need to take a deep breath and realize that it's okay to make mistakes, that you're a better person because of them. Also, that you need to let others in and allow them to give you a hand. It's going to be okay in the end, after all.


9. Spring Love by Eric Nam & Wendy

This song reminds me so much of The Start of Me and You I want to squeal in pure unadultered joy. Granted, Max always sort of had feelings for Paige. However, their love went from a friendship to full out cuteness and this song is about just that.



10. Some by SoYou and Jungigo

This song is about two people sort of in a relationship, but not really. It's about the phase where you're flirting, but also sort of more than flirting. It's all about the confusing phase before you define your relationship. Ah, the uncertainty...
This song reminds me of Frank and Emily of Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson. Of course, Frank had a girlfriend, but the filtration between those two was incredible. It certainly made me wonder: so is he hers or what?



That is all for today. If you love kpop please let me know in the comments below and if you don't have I converted you?

No comments:

Post a Comment