Ten Series I Haven't Finished Because I'm an Expert Procrastinator

Tuesday, July 11, 2017
I love to procrastinate. I sometimes even procrastinate on my procrastination. So, it should really come as no surprise that I have a bunch of unfinished series just lying around unread, just because. This doesn't speak well of my character, at all, but hey, no one is perfect*. As such, I should really just get on with it and finish what I started**. So, in the spirit of accountability and whatnot here are 10 of the series I haven't finished because, well... I have no good reason tbh.

*Although I come pretty damn close
**It should be noted that this has never been my strong suit

1. Penryn and the End of Days by Susan Ee


This series is about angels and the end of the world and I remember it being deliciously dark with touches of humor. It even had a sexy angel guy named Raffe, which was incentive to read it but not enough. The real reason I loved this series is Penryn Young, badass and just over all good character. So, why haven't I finished it?* Aside from the fact that I am an expert procrastinator, I am also kind of reluctant to part with the world. That and I remember next to nothing of what happens in the second book and I would have to go reread it and that, my friends, is more work than I care to take on right now.

*excuse me, but did you read the title?


2. Monsters of Verity by V.E. Schawb 

In my defense the sequel and conclusion to this duology came out a little while ago and I haven't gotten around to buying it. So, really it's more an issue of me being broke and prioritizing other books because like I said I even procrastinate on my procrastination. So, there. I WILL GET TO IT, OKAY? I know it's probably so good I'm missing out and you're all having a jolly good time knowing what happens. In a similar vein, and though it won't be mentioned as a series I haven't finished yet* I still have to finish the Shades of Magic series.



*the shame of including more than 10 series would not have let me live with myself

3. Snow Like Ashes by Sarah Raasch


I have no good excuse to this other than I don't own the third book and that somehow everytime I buy books I forget to get it. That and the fact that I refuse to read a world in which Theron is anything but the great guy I know him to be. And honestly if Meira and that whatever his name is guy just end up saving the day and making Theron into a villian-esque figure I will just have wasted my time. So, I choose to live in a world where there is still hope.

4. The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson

I... seriosuly as this post goes along I have less and less to say in my defense. LIFE IS BUSY AND NEW AND SHINY BOOKS ARE ALWAYS DISTRACTING ME! This is yet another case in which I don't own the third book (or the second one but I've read that one) and I have forgotten much of what happened in previous installments. Which wouldn't happen if I actually finished what I started, I know.

5. Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson

Please excuse the hideousness of my edition. It's dreadful, I know. Which is, in part, why I haven't finished this series. Bottom line being: I want the UK editions and have been too busy with things to buy them. That and the fact that fantasy series are perfect procrastination material. No one even guilt trips you because of it. You get understanding. So, yeah... I'll get to it, eventually.

6. The Lotus War by Jay Kristoff

I love this series for all its Japanese steampunk glory. I do. Buruu is the light of my life and Yukiko is my baby girl, who I will protect at all costs if she needs me to. BUT, and it's a big but, I was waiting for Endsinger to become available in paperback through BookOutlet (I have no idea if it has) and in this process I have just been putting off actually buying and reading the book. Maybe I should change the title of this list to: Ten Series I Haven't Finished Because I Haven't Bought The Last Book In The Series*.

*too long? I agree.

7. Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin


LOVE THIS BOOK. PRAISE THIS BOOK. FINISH THIS SERIES. I'm still working on that last one. It's just that the first one was so good, what if the second one isn't? Ah, but what if it's better? BUT WHAT IF IT'S NOT. So, I shall continue to procrastinate out of anxiety of a good thing going sour. That's just the way I roll.

8. Abhorsen by Garth Nix


I don't even know how many books there are in this series, I just know I haven't read them all and that the first one is as old as I am. AWESOME, RIGHT? Well, in the spirit of full disclosure I think this series is awesome and I just haven't picked up the rest because I'm lazy and get distracted by new and shiny books very easily. OH, LOOK A NEW AND SHINY BOOK! Um... where was I? Ah, yes, this series is definitely top priority in my must-finish-soon list.

9.  The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen

Um... so I want all the books in paperback and the third one isn't out yet in that format and tbh the second one was kind of boring and that has just made all urgency to finish this series to flee my body. So, I'm still going to get to this because I am kind of invested in the fate of the Tearling*, but I can survive without knowing yet.

*holler if you got that reference

10. Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan


I don't even have anything to say, just that I will get to this soon. Not only because I really want to know what the hell happened to Leo Valdez for him to disappear like that or how Nico and Will got together, but also because well... I love Rick's books.

What are some of the books you have been procrastinating on?

2 comments:

  1. I was actually keeping a list of series that are 'In Progress' on my reading list... I let it fall FAAAR behind so now I"m not sure what I'm still to read! I guess I'll always get to the good ones though, right?

    I really need to read a Schwab and I'm tossing up between Savage and Shades... I'll get there!

    I want to read Snow like Ashes! Also the Pearson books... Whoops. Jay Kristoff is also on my TBR.

    I've read all three Abhorsen books but I haven't read Clariel yet (P.S. Abhorsen is the best of the lot and totally worth it!).

    Queen of the Tearling is another on my TBR! I've read all the Riordan's in the PJ Universe except the latest Apollo book.. I need to get to that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds super useful, because there's so many of them it's kind of hard to keep track of them all.

      omg Shades is great, but I LOOOOOOVE Savage (also Vicious, tbh any Schwab is a good Schwab). Tell me all about Mr. Kristoff. I have to finish like two series from the dude, and apparently not getting to them any time soon. Oh well...

      I want to get my hands around Abhorsen because I loved Lirael. So, how does that whole thing work exactly? Are they like companion novels or what's the deal?

      OOOH, Apollo is so good. The first one lacked a bit of sass in my opinion (but maybe no one can ever be as sassy as Percy Jackson and I just have to deal with that) but still great.

      Delete